The Advanced ICT Global Program All-English Undergraduate Course (ICTG Course) provides education entirely in English.
This program pursues innovation and development in the field of ICT and features a wide range of computer science and engineering. In addition, subjects such as Japanese language courses and "Culture and History of Aizu" are offered. The students will be able to understand regional identity through experiences in Japanese culture activities and then take an active part in the world based on that identity.
This program accepts international examinations, such as SAT and IB, which is convenient for international applicants. The same standard applies to Japanese citizens and international residents in Japan. From 2019, Japanese students could join this course from their second year.
Features of the Program
- Curriculum follows the worldwide standard for computer science: ACM/IEEE-CS Computer Science Curricula
- Provides active learning in small groups, hands-on research, and workshops
- Encourages international students to do internships in Japanese companies or a third-party country (i.e. a country neither Japan nor the home country of the student)
- Undergraduates can also participate in the Honors Program starting from their second year if they meet the requirements
Students who join the Honors Program can obtain a Bachelor's and Master's degree in five years instead of six.
- Students can get full support for their study and life from professors, class mentors, staff, and buddies
Who is the program suitable for?
- Those who want to have their undergraduate education in the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Computer Systems
- Computer Network Systems
- Applied Information Technologies
- Software Engineering
Especially those who are interested in embedded systems, communication networks, computer graphics, artificial intelligence, or robotics are welcome.
- Those who want to start up their own company in the future by making good use of Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) and entrepreneurship knowledge.
- Those who are interested in Japanese culture and history and want to experience Japanese culture in a well-known historical city in Japan.
Details: Application Guide (2. Application Eligibility)
For Realization of a Global Campus and Globalization of the Regional Community
- The UoA expects that, by promoting students to enroll in the ICTG Course, the number of international students who study in the Undergraduate School, the number of students who go to the Graduate School, and the number of excellent talented internationals who work for Japanese companies and regional start-ups will be increased.
- An environment in which international students and Japanese students study together in the same class is being realized through the ICTG Course. This will help both sides to improve their internationalization awareness and to create an international network of graduates.
- In extracurricular activities such as club activities, exchanges with local people, events to introduce the culture of their home countries, interaction between international and Japanese students is active. Globalization on campus is extending to the regional community.