- Embedded Systems Laboratory
- Professor, Center Director
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Logic Circuit DesignComputer ArchitectureComputer Organization and DesignEmbedded SystemsSCCP: DIY Audio Equipment ProjectSCCP: Electronic Projects for Computer Design
- Courses - Graduate
- Advanced Computer ArchitectureFundamentals and Practices of Functional Safety Related Systems
- Computer Engineering/Information Science
- Educational Background, Biography
- 2013-present, Professor, The University of Aizu
2002-2013, Associate Professor, The University of Aizu
1999-2001, Assistant Professor, Osaka University
1991-1999, Research Associate, Osaka University
- Current Research Theme
- Formal design and verification methods for safety systems, Heuristic methods for combinatorial optimization problems and its hardware acceleration
- Key Topic
- Embedded Systems, Formal Approach, Heuristic methods, Hardware acceleration
- Affiliated Academic Society
- IEEE, IEICE, IPSJ
- Reading, Music(Listening and DIY of Audio Equipments)
- School days' Dream
- First PC was put on the market as my junior high school student, then I was very interested in it and would like to master it.
- Current Dream
- I have many dreams too much , since my laboratory just started.
- In the book of life, the answers are not in the back.
- Favorite Books
- Paul Auster, John Irving, Julian Barnes, Natsuki Ikezawa, and etc.
- Messages for Students
- Please get interested in many things.
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Demand-addressable Sensor Network: for Demand-driven Large-scale Sensor Network
The aim of this research project is to construct a wide-area sensor network that interprets users' abstract sensing demands. The network then finds the sensors that hold the data which satisfies the demand, mashes up the collected data within the network along with useful information from other systems, and finally enables the user's terminal to display it in real time. The sensor network itself has an environmental adaptability that allows each sensor node to consider its surroundings and the user-issued requests, and which will then dynamically change its role to actively acquire the desired sensing data autonomously.
Dissertation and Published Works
Syuhei Igari, Junji Kitamichi, Yuichi Okuyama and Kenichi Kuroda, ""Proposal of a Dynamically Reconfigurable Processor Architecture with
Multi-Accelerator ,""IP-Embedded System Conference & Exhibition(IP-SOC2011),Dec.,2011.
Shuta Yamamoto, Junji Kitamichi, ""A Combinatorial Algorithm of Ant Colony Optimization and Neural Network Algorithm for Channel Assignment Problem,"" 2013 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications (NOLTA2013), Sep.,2013.
Yuji NISHIMAKI, Junji KITAMICHI, Toshiaki MIYAZAKI, ""Development of Education-purpose MIPS Processor Simulator System Visualizing Internal Operation Behavior ,"" IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Information and Systems (Japanese Edition) vol.J96-D No.10,pp.2130-2138,Oct.,2013..
IPA/SEC,System Fault Diagnosis WG(Kozou OKANO, Junji KITAMICHI:Chap. 6), ""System Fault diagnosis methods for Large & Complicated Embedded Systems"",IPA/SEC, Software Reliability Enhancement Promotion Committee, March,2016."