- Courses - Undergraduate
- P1 Intro. ProgrammingP3 JAVA Programming I
- Courses - Graduate
- IT23 Practical Data Analysis with Lunar and Planetary Databases
- Earth and Planetary ScienceAstronomy
- Educational Background, Biography
- Mar. 2008Ph.D. in Science, University of TokyoApr. 2008-Mar. 2009JSPS Research FellowApr. 2009-presentAssociate Professor, University of Aizu
- Current Research Theme
- - Development and operation of near-infrared spectrometer for the asteroid explorer Hayabusa2"- Analysis of planetary remote-sensing data- Development of a miniature observing instrument for small satellites"
- Key Topic
- Planetary explorationRemote sensingNear-infrared spectroscopy
- Affiliated Academic Society
- Japan Society for Planetary Sciences,Astronomical Society of JapanJapan Geoscience UnionAmerican Astronomical Society
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- Favorite Books
- Messages for Students
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Asteroid Explorer Hayabusa2
- Student Cooperative Class Project: Lunar and Planetary Data Analysis
Student Cooperative Class Project: Lunar and Planetary Data Analysis
- Scientific analysis of remote sensing data for lunar and planetary explorations, Earth observations
Scientific analysis of remote sensing data for lunar and planetary explorations, Earth observations
- Onboard instruments for Lunar and Planetary Exploration missions
Onboard instruments for Lunar and Planetary Exploration missions
- Software for Lunar and planetary exploration data analysis
Software for Lunar and planetary exploration data analysis
Dissertation and Published Works
2. K. Kitazato, B.E. Clark, M. Abe, S. Abe, Y. Takagi, T. Hiroi, O.S. Barnouin-Jha, P.A. Abell, S.M. Lederer, F. Vilas: Near-infrared Spectrophotometry of Asteroid 25143 Itokawa from NIRS on the Hayabusa Spacecraft. Icarus 194, 137-145, 2008.
3. K. Kitazato, M. Abe, M. Ishiguro, W-H Ip: 25143 Itokawa: Direct Detection of the Current Decelerating Spin State due to YORP Effect. Astron. Astrophys. 472, L2-L5, 2007.
4. T. Hiroi, M. Abe, K. Kitazato, S. Abe, B.E. Clark, S. Sasaki, M. Ishiguro, O.S. Barnouin-Jha: Developing Space Weathering on the Asteroid 25143 Itokawa. Nature 443, 56-58, 2006.
5. M. Abe, T. Takagi, K. Kitazato, S. Abe, T. Hiroi, F. Vilas, B.E. Clark, P.A. Abell, S.M. Lederer, K.S. Jarvis, T. Nimura, Y. Ueda, A. Fujiwara: Near-infrared spectral results of asteroid Itokawa from the Hayabusa Spacecraft. Science 312, 1334-1338, 2006.