- Courses - Undergraduate
- P1 Intro. ProgrammingP3 JAVA Programming I
- Courses - Graduate
- IT23 Practical Data Analysis with Lunar and Planetary Databases
- Earth and Planetary ScienceAstronomy
- Educational Background, Biography
- Mar. 2008Ph.D. in Science, University of TokyoApr. 2008-Mar. 2009JSPS Research FellowApr. 2009-presentAssociate Professor, University of Aizu
- Current Research Theme
- - Development and operation of near-infrared spectrometer for the asteroid explorer Hayabusa2"- Analysis of planetary remote-sensing data- Development of a miniature observing instrument for small satellites"
- Key Topic
- Planetary explorationRemote sensingNear-infrared spectroscopy
- Affiliated Academic Society
- Japan Society for Planetary Sciences,Astronomical Society of JapanJapan Geoscience UnionAmerican Astronomical Society
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- Favorite Books
- Messages for Students
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Software for Lunar and planetary exploration data analysis
Software for Lunar and planetary exploration data analysis
- Onboard instruments for Lunar and Planetary Exploration missions
Onboard instruments for Lunar and Planetary Exploration missions
- Scientific analysis of remote sensing data for lunar and planetary explorations, Earth observations
Scientific analysis of remote sensing data for lunar and planetary explorations, Earth observations
- Asteroid Explorer Hayabusa2
- Student Cooperative Class Project: Lunar and Planetary Data Analysis
Student Cooperative Class Project: Lunar and Planetary Data Analysis
Dissertation and Published Works
2. K. Kitazato, B.E. Clark, M. Abe, S. Abe, Y. Takagi, T. Hiroi, O.S. Barnouin-Jha, P.A. Abell, S.M. Lederer, F. Vilas: Near-infrared Spectrophotometry of Asteroid 25143 Itokawa from NIRS on the Hayabusa Spacecraft. Icarus 194, 137-145, 2008.
3. K. Kitazato, M. Abe, M. Ishiguro, W-H Ip: 25143 Itokawa: Direct Detection of the Current Decelerating Spin State due to YORP Effect. Astron. Astrophys. 472, L2-L5, 2007.
4. T. Hiroi, M. Abe, K. Kitazato, S. Abe, B.E. Clark, S. Sasaki, M. Ishiguro, O.S. Barnouin-Jha: Developing Space Weathering on the Asteroid 25143 Itokawa. Nature 443, 56-58, 2006.
5. M. Abe, T. Takagi, K. Kitazato, S. Abe, T. Hiroi, F. Vilas, B.E. Clark, P.A. Abell, S.M. Lederer, K.S. Jarvis, T. Nimura, Y. Ueda, A. Fujiwara: Near-infrared spectral results of asteroid Itokawa from the Hayabusa Spacecraft. Science 312, 1334-1338, 2006.