May 30, 2018
No.16 Apr & May issue was published.
<Overseas Study Report AY2017>
19 students joined the overseas program in AY2017. Comments from the students are shown below.
* Original texts are shown on the OSIP website.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (USA): 2017/Aug - 2018/Mar. 6 months. 1 student.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (USA):2018/Mar. 3 weeks. 10 students.
- Waikato University (New Zealand): 2018/Mar. 3 weeks. 8 students.
<Encouragement for Overseas Study>
UoA received the following feedbacks as its challenges from MEXT in the TGU Mid-term evaluation. Considering the feedbacks below, our overseas program will be an important key to tackle on the challenges.
- Students' English skills should be more improved.
- Students' English skills should be assessed objectively.
- Interaction between Japanese and international students should be encouraged through classes.
- The number of students joining mid/long-term overseas program should be increased.
- (other request) UoA's curriculum for each field is preferred to be accredited by a third-party institutions.