January 24, 2018
No.14 Dec & Jan issue was published.
<Feedback from Students for TGU Project >
1. ICTG int'l students *Home country in ( ).
(1) Why did you choose the UoA?
- It is very attractive for me to study in ICTG program because I can learn Computer Science and Engineering in English. (Hong Kong, Vietnam)
- Since Japan is a top level country of ICT, I feel it is fascinating to learn the technologies in English. (China)
- My professor at my home university recommended the UoA. (Vietnam)
- Considering financial burden (tuition fees, cost of living) and application eligibility (English proficiency), I thought UoA would be suitable for me. (China)
(2) Campus life
- Global Lounge activities and Buddy Program provide very good opportunities for int'l students to communicate with Japanese students. (China, Hong Kong)
- There is few class to study with Japanese students, so I want to have more chance to communicate with them through classes. (1st year student, China)
2. Japanese students
- After I took part in the short-term study abroad program, my TOEIC score was improved a lot and increased up to 650.
- After I came back to Japan from study abroad program, I recommended my friends who like studying English to join the study abroad program, and I proactively joined many events organized by OSIP.
- Although there was a Japanese coordinator in Silicon Valley (SV) Internship Program, I used English most of the time in daily conversation, presentation and cultural exchange activity.
- I think Hacker Dojo (SV Office of UoA) is a very good place because we can interact with local engineers.