- Center for Language Research (CLR)
- Associate Professor
- Web site
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Patterns and language, Logic and language, Visualizing time and tense, Thesis writing and presentations.
- Courses - Graduate
- My current focus is on creating practical online tools that help people learn English. The tools we create often detect and/or visualize particular language features. Some language features are easy to detect automatically; others are much more challenging. Our research draws on corpus linguistics to analyze texts and computational linguistics to create rule-based and probabilistic-based pattern-searching tools or pipelines.
- Educational Background, Biography
- Current Research Theme
- Text analysis and technology-enhanced learning
- Key Topic
- Automatic identification of language features in scientific writing; Automatic identification of grammatical tense, verb class and tense function in scientific writing.
- Affiliated Academic Society
- Association for Computational Linguistics, British Computer Society, Association for Computing Machinery, Japanese Association for English Corpus Studies, JALT
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- Favorite Books
- Messages for Students
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization