- Courses - Undergraduate
- P1 Intro. ProgrammingP2 C Programing
- Courses - Graduate
- ITA22 Fundamental Data Analysis in Lunar and Planetary Explorations (Coordinator)ITA23 Practical Data Analysis with Lunar and Planetary DatabasesITA19 Reliable System for Lunar and Planetary Explorations (Coordinator)SEA11 Software Engineering for Space Programs
- Planetary SciencesLunar and Planetary ExplorationData Visualization and Analysis Software for Lunar and Planetary ExplorationEducational Background, BiographyEducation:Doctor of Science, 1998, University of Tsukuba, TsukubaM.A. in Science, 1995, University of Tsukuba, TsukubaB.A. in Science, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba
- Educational Background, Biography
- Research and Teaching Experiences:
Associate Professor (Apr. 2007 - present),
Assistant Professor (Apr. 2006 - Mar. 2007),
School of Computer Science and Engineering, and ARC-Space, CAIST (concurrent, Apr. 2009 - present), The University of Aizu.
COE Research Fellow (Oct.2003 - Jun.2006) School of Science and Technology, Kobe University.
COE Research Fellow (May.2003 - Sep.2003) Research Division for Planetary Science, Institute of Space and Astronautical Science (ISAS)
Research Fellow (Mar.1998 - Apr.2003) Lunar Mission Laboratory, National Space Development Agency (NASDA)
- Current Research Theme
- Shape modeling of asteroids with exploration dataVisualization of asteroid exploration data by 3-dimensional geographic information systemStudy on impact cratering process on lunar and planetary bodies
- Key Topic
- Planetary sciences, Moon, Asteroids, Shape modeling, Impact craters
- Affiliated Academic Society
- Japan Society for Planetary SciencesJapan Geoscience UnionAmerican Geophysical Union
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- Favorite Books
- Messages for Students
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- 2015 The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Prizes for Science and Techonology: Public Understanding Promotion Category)"
- Student Cooperative Class Project: Lunar and Planetary Data Analysis
Student Cooperative Class Project: Lunar and Planetary Data Analysis
- Software for Lunar and planetary exploration data analysis
Software for Lunar and planetary exploration data analysis
- Asteroid Explorer Hayabusa2
- Orbital astrobiology project TANPOPO on International Space Station
Orbital astrobiology project "TANPOPO" on International Space Station
- Scientific analysis of remote sensing data for lunar and planetary explorations, Earth observations
Scientific analysis of remote sensing data for lunar and planetary explorations, Earth observations
Dissertation and Published Works
Guttler, C., Hirata, N., Nakamura, A.M., 2012, Cratering experiments on the self armoring of coarse-grained granular targets, Icarus 220, 1040-1049.
Hirata, N., Kurita, K., Sekine, T., 2009, Simulation experiments for shocked primitive materials in the Solar System, Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors 174, 227-241.
Hirata, N., Barnouin-Jha, O.S., Honda, C., Nakamura, R., Miyamoto, H., Sasaki, S., Demura, H., Nakamura, A.M., Michikami, T., Gaskell, R.W., Saito, J., 2009, A survey of possible impact structures on 25143 Itokawa, Icarus 200, 486-502.
Miyamoto, H., Yano, H., Scheeres, D.J., Abe, S., Barnoiun-Jha, O.S., Cheng, A.F., Demura, H., Gaskell, R.W., Hirata, N., Ishiguro, M., Michikami, T., Nakamura, A.M., Nakamura, R., Saito, J., Sasaki, S., 2007, Regolith Migration and Sorting on Asteroid Itokawa, Science 316, 1011-1014.
Abe, S., Mukai, T., Hirata, N., Barnouin-Jha, O.S., Cheng, A.F., Demura, H., Gaskell, R.W., Hashimoto, T., Hiraoka, K., Honda, T., Kubota, T., Matsuoka, M., Mizuno, T., Nakamura, R., Scheeres, D.J., Yoshikawa, M., 2006, Mass and Local Topography Measurements of Itokawa by Hayabusa, Science 312, 1344-1347.
Hirata, N., Nakamura, A.M., 2006, Secondary craters of Tycho: Size-frequency distributions and estimated fragment size-velocity relationships, Journal of Geophysical Research (Planets) 111, 3005.