- Embedded Systems Laboratory
- Professor, Information Systems and Technology Director of the Center
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Computer Architecture, Embedded Systems, CSE Exercise I, SCCP: DIY Project
- Courses - Graduate
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Computer Engineering/Information Science
- Educational Background, Biography
- 2013-present, Professor, The University of Aizu
2002-2013, Associate Professor, The University of Aizu
1999-2001, Assistant Professor, Osaka University
1991-1999, Research Associate, Osaka University
- Current Research Theme
- Formal design and verification methods for safety systems, Heuristic methods for combinatorial optimization problems and its hardware acceleration
- Key Topic
- Embedded Systems, Formal Approach, Heuristic Methods, Hardware Acceleration
- Affiliated Academic Society
- IEICE, IPSJ
- Reading, Music(Listening and DIY of Audio Equipments)
- School days' Dream
- First PC was put on the market as my junior high school student, then I was very interested in it and would like to master it.
- Current Dream
- In the book of life, the answers are not in the back.
- Favorite Books
- Paul Auster, John Irving, Julian Barnes, Natsuki Ikezawa, and etc.
- Messages for Students
- Please get interested in many things.
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Demand-addressable Sensor Network: for Demand-driven Large-scale Sensor Network
The aim of this research project is to construct a wide-area sensor network that interprets users’ abstract sensing demands. The network then finds the sensors that hold the data which satisfies the demand, mashes up the collected data within the network along with useful information from other systems, and finally enables the user’s terminal to display it in real time. The sensor network itself has an environmental adaptability that allows each sensor node to consider its surroundings and the user-issued requests, and which will then dynamically change its role to actively acquire the desired sensing data autonomously.
Dissertation and Published Works
Yuji NISHIMAKI, Junji KITAMICHI and Toshiaki MIYAZAKI,"Development of Education-purpose MIPS Processor Simulator System Visualizing Internal Operation Behavior," IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Information and Systems,2013.
Shuta Yamamoto, Junji Kitamichi,"A Combinatorial Algorithm of Ant Colony Optimization and Neural Network Algorithm for Channel Assignment Problem," 2013 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications (NOLTA2013),2013.
IPA(Information-technology Promotion Agency) SEC(Software Reliability Enhancement Center) Software Reliability Enhancement Promotion Committee System Fault Diagnosis WG,"System Fault Diagnosis Methods for Large and Complicated Embedded Systems / Proposal of Post hoc V&V by Model Base Approach," 2017.
Hiroki Saito, Yoichi Tomioka and Junji Kitamichi,"Proposing a Highly Reliable Real-Time Operating System for a Processor with a Fault Self-detecting Mechanism," 13th International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems,2016.
Sho Ikeda, Yoichi Tomioka, Junji Kitamichi,"Parallel Computing of Neural Network Algorithm for Fixed Channel Assignment Problem in Cellular Radio Networks with CUDA," The 2017 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications,2017.