- Complex Systems Modeling Laboratory
- Associate Professor
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Electronic circuitsElectromagnetism
- Courses - Graduate
- Advanced Devices for Computer and Communication Systems, Modeling of Advanced Semiconductor Devices
- Physics and computer modeling of nanoelectronic devices, Biophysical modeling
- Educational Background, Biography
2003 Assistant/Associate Professor, University of Aizu
1998(03-09) Visiting Researcher, Chalmers University of Technology
1993 Research Associate, University of Aizu
2001 D.Eng., Tokyo Institute of Technology
1992 M.S., Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Current Research Theme
- Theory and computer modeling: Graphene nanoelectronic devices, Detectors and generators of Terahertz radiationModeling of cardiac electrical conduction system and ECG
- Key Topic
- Computer Modeling, Monte Carlo method, Nonlinear Systems, Oscillators
- Affiliated Academic Society
- IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS, Senior Member), IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS), American Physical Society
- Skiing, Trekking, Swimming
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- Favorite Books
- Messages for Students
- Always desire to learn something useful
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Modeling of cardiac electrical activity
- Computer modeling of nanoelectronic devices based on graphene heterostructures
Dissertation and Published Works
- M. Ryzhii, T. Otsuji, V. Ryzhii, V. Mitin, M.S. Shur, G. Fedorov, and V. Leiman. "Dynamic conductivity and two-dimensional plasmons in lateral CNT networks", Int. Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems, 26 (1-2), art. no. 1740004, 2017.
- M.A. Quiroz-Juárez, R. Vázquez-Medina, E. Ryzhii, M. Ryzhii, and J.L. Aragón. "Quasiperiodicity route to chaos in cardiac conduction model", Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 42, pp. 370-378, 2017.
- M. Ryzhii and E. Ryzhii. "Simulink heart model for simulation of the effect of external signals", CIBCB 2016 - Annual IEEE Int.Conference on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, art. no. 7758102, 2016.
- E. Ryzhii and M. Ryzhii. "A heterogeneous coupled oscillator model for simulation of ECG signals," Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 117(1), pp. 40-49, 2014.
- M. Ryzhii, V.Ryzhii, T. Otsuji, P.P. Maltsev, V.G. Leiman, N. Ryabova, and V. Mitin. "Double injection, resonant-tunneling recombination, and current-voltage characteristics in double-graphene-layer structures," Journal of Applied Physics, 115(2), 024506 (1-8), 2014.
- T. Otsuji, S. Boubanga Tombet, A. Satou, M. Ryzhii, and V. Ryzhii. "Terahertz-wave generation using graphene: Toward new types of terahertz lasers," IEEE J. of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 19(1), 8400209(9), 2013.
- M. Ryzhii, T. Otsuji, V. Mitin, and V. Ryzhii. "Characteristics of p-i-n terahertz and infrared photodiodes based on multiple graphene layer structures," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 50, pp. 070117 (6), 2011.
- M. Ryzhii, V. Ryzhii, T. Otsuji, V.Mitin, and M.S. Shur. "Electrically induced n-i-p junctions in multiple graphene layer structures," Physical Review B, 82, 075419 1-6, 2010.
- M. Ryzhii and V. Ryzhii. "Physics and modeling of tera- and nano-devices," World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd., Singapore, 2008.
- M. Ryzhii, V. Ryzhii, and M.S. Shur. "Effect of near-ballistic photoelectron transport on resonant plasma-assisted photomixing in high-electron mobility transistors," Semiconductor Science and Technology, 19(4), pp. S74-S76, 2004.
- M. Ryzhii and V. Ryzhii. "Monte Carlo modeling of transient recharging processes in quantum-well infrared photodetectors," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 47(10), pp. 1935-1942, 2000.
- M. Ryzhii, M. Willander, I. Khmyrova, and V. Ryzhii. "Terahertz response of metal-semiconductor-metal photodetectors," Journal of Applied Physics, 84(11), pp. 6419-6425, 1998.