Useful Website Links to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) 【Updated on October 16, 2020】
The following links provide information on the Novel Coronavirus Infectious Disease COVID-19, as well as the university measures in response to the disease. As the situation continues to change on a daily basis, please check the latest information frequently.
The Univ. of Aizu (UoA) responses
- University of Aizu Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Student Support and Services at UoA / FAQ
Rules of the UoA Facility Usage
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation Report in Japan:
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation Report in Japan, Provided by Toyokeizai Online
- Latest informaiton on Coronavirus Deseases (COVID-19) by Ministry of Health, Labour and Wealfare in Japan
Border Enforcement and Quarantine Measures:
- Phased Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel, provided by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan [As of October 13, 2020]
- Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), provided by Minisry of Foreign Affairs of Japan [As of September 16, 2020]
- Re-entry of foreign nationals who possess the status of residence, provided by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan [As of August 28, 2020]
- Process and required docuemnts for re-entry, provided by Minisry of Foreign Affairs of Japan[As of August 13, 2020]
- Quarantine measures FAQ, provided by Minisry of Health, Labour and Walfare of Japan[As of March 26, 2020]
- Refusal of landing to preven the spread of COVID-19, provided by Mnistry of Justice of Japan [As of September 28, 2020]
Financial Support by Japanese Government:
In order to support your daily life from Covid-19, you are eligible to receive the Special Cash Payments (JPY100,000) from Japanese Government. This is not only Japanese but also non-Japanese people who has registered in Aizu-Wakamatsu City. You will receive or already received application form via postal mail. Please find more detailed information in the following url.
- Guide to Special Cash Payments【Aizuwakamatsu City】(The application period for the Special Cash Payment [¥100,000] is closed on August 17, 2020.)
In addition, the Japanese Government has established at the Student Emergency Support Project to assist students who are struggling financially and have lost income due to COVID-19 outbreak, to continue your education. Please find more detailed information in the following url.
- Emergency Student Support Handout for Continuing Studies【UoA website】 (The application period for the Emergency Student Support Handout for Continuing Studies is closed on July 15, 2020.)
【Global Lounge Activity】Activities at the Global Lounge will be suspended for a while
At the Global Lounge, at Rm127 on the 1st floor of the Research quadrangles of the University of Aizu, we have held various exchange activities every day as a place where internatinal and Japanese students can easily deepen their understanding of different cultures and improve their own language skills. However, we decided to temporarily suspend the activities in the lounge for a while in order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection. In spite of the situation, reflecting the voices of students who want to interact among students, we established the "Virtual Global Lounge (VGL)" so that everyone can communicate online.
For more details, scheduling, how to participate in that will be announced later in the university e-mail and on the website of the OSIP office.
The Next VGL Activity
If you would like to have any inquires about the study abroad or international activities, you can reach us with the following contact. Contact: Office for Strategy of International Programs (OSIP), Center for Globalization / Research Quadrangles 1st floor (Rm 123) Email: