Establishment of DRIO
Following 2011 Japan Earthquake occurred on March 11, we are happy to announce that all safety of all our international students. The University of Aizu established the special team, Disaster Recovery Information Office (DRIO) for UoA International Students. DRIO extends various supports for those international students who stay in Aizu and move out from Aizu temporary to evacuate so that they can return to normal life.
Support by DRIO
DRIO offers the following supports jointly with international student-related departments in the University and support organizations in the community.
- Provision of accurate information regarding the earthquake and daily life in Aizu
- Provision of information and consultation regarding academic affairs and student support to prepare for the next academic year
- Provision of safety information for prospective students of other countries
- Qs & As
DRIO launched the website for international students to provide information regarding the earthquake and daily life in Aizu. It is also used for them to exchange opinions. We strongly recommend all international students to register the site for more up-to-date information.
- URL of DRIO Website
- How to Register
- In order to access to this website, Google account is required.or you can create new account with the following URL.
- You can use your own Google account if you already have.
- Precaution for Use
- DRIO Website categories three parts: Recent Announcement from UoA, FAQ/Discussion, Useful links for 2011 Japan Earthquake, and Life in Aizu. We hope to see some discussions in the FAQ/Discussion parts. Inappropriate expression and inaccurate information will be deleted by the website administrators.
We hope you to join the website and support each other with appropriate information.