The University of Aizu is actively involved with Japan's lunar and planetary exploration program, which includes the asteroid explorer Hayabusa. Applying advanced computer technology, teams at the University are conducting research on:
- Developing software that will be useful in operating the explorers and analyzing the data they collect;
- Planetary science projects using the exploration data;
- Developing new observation instruments to be installed on explorers.
Selected students from the University are involved in projects currently in progress, such as Hayabusa 2. This will provide them with a body of experience working side by side with on-site researchers.
Some Space Exploration research examples
Industries and businesses needing people with expertise in space exploration
- Space-related manufacturers
- Space-related software developers
- Companies involved in aerial surveys and remote sensing