The University of Aizu "Top Global University Project (MEXT project)" is Seeking a "Globalization Promotion Staff" (Part-time)
Center for Globalization
The University of Aizu
The University of Aizu has been aiming to become an advanced model of a higher education institute - a local public university in the ICT field developing leading-edge ICT human resources on a multicultural campus. We were selected by MEXT as a "Top Global University" in September 2014, and within the concept of that project, we are proceeding to foster personnel resources in the ICT field (see https://www.u-aizu.ac.jp/sgu/en/ for details). To support this project, we are seeking a person for a fixed-term position as follows:
Globalization Promotion Staff (1 person)
- Work Location
Center for Globalization, the University of Aizu
- For detailed activities, please refer to the following two official sites:
- SGU: https://www.u-aizu.ac.jp/sgu/en/
- OSIP： https://www.u-aizu.ac.jp/osip/en/
Matters regarding promoting globalization of the University of Aizu
Planning and management of programs related to the Support for the
Top Global University Project, recruitment, academic affairs, student
support, etc., and other related administrative work (management of
meetings, etc., accounting work, planning and implementation of
training, etc., document preparation and management, telephone
- Qualification (points to be considered for selection)
- Those who have necessary abilities and skills to conduct required tasks for globalization.
- Those who have English proficiency of TOEIC 600 or equivalent.
- Those who are able to conduct work using general office software and/or applications such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and be able to perform website updates.
- Those who are able to work as a team and are cooperative.
- Term of Employment
From 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 (possibility of reappointment)
- Hiring Conditions
- Days and Hours of Work
- Maximum work days and hours shall be 17 days per month and 29 hours per week.
- 9 a.m.～5:15 p.m.
- Days off: Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and Year-end and new-year day-off
- Salary: 10,800 yen /day
- Commuting Allowance
Depending on the method and distance for commute, based on the provisions of the University.
- Commuting Allowance
Employment, compensation, health and pension will be covered.
- Paid Leave
Paid Leave shall be given annually based on University regulations
- How to Apply
- Application package must arrive no later than 5 p.m., 19 March 2021 (Fri)
- Hand-carry the application package to the Center on campus yourself or mail via JP Mail Service.
- Application should include (application shall not be returned):
- Resume with photograph
- Work-experience record (Free format (A4 size vertical), work experience and motivation for applying for this position must be written specifically).
- Copy of score sheet of TOEIC, TOFEL or equivalent test.
- Selecting Method
Document screening and interview. Interview will be held both in
English and Japanese.
- Interview date
24 March 2021 (Wed)
- Interview time will be informed after submission of application package.
Mr. Muto or Ms. Hirano
Center for Globalization, Administration Office
Rm. 123 Research Quadrangles,
90, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima 965-8580