July 31, 2020
The Office for Planning and Management and the Center for Globalization are inviting applications for tenure-track faculty positions at all ranks
Available positions, Qualifications, Responsibilities
One or two tenure-track positions at the Professor, Senior Associate Professor or Associate Professor level
- Minimum of a Master's degree or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Excellent ability in planning, coordination, and communication in domestic and overseas environments
- Experience in project planning, execution and management. Experience in the field of education will be looked upon favorably.
- Work experience at an educational institution or collaboration with one
- Must have global work experience. English ability of at least a TOEIC score of 630. Ability in a third language is not required, but will be looked upon favorably.
- IT related skills
- Sufficient Japanese fluency in conversation and writing to perform work
- Plan and manage mid- and long-term strategy of university management, education and research.
- Promote and help manage Top Global University Japan (Super Global University) project.
- Plan and manage university Institutional Research (IR).
- Plan and perform domestic and foreign student recruiting.
- Perform activities related to local contribution.
- Assist president and executives
- Perform other related work such as acquisition of external funds, faculty evaluations, faculty achievement reports, etc.
Start Date: April 1, 2021
- Three-year tenure-track appointment followed by evaluation and tenure until the mandatory retirement age of 65 if qualified.
- The UoA uses a discretionary working hour system for faculty members.
- Salary and rank: Commensurate with qualifications and experience according to regulations of Fukushima prefecture.
- Holidays: Saturday, Sunday, National holidays, and Year-end and New Year holidays (Dec. 29 to Jan. 3), annual paid leave
- Insurance: Japan Mutual Aid Association of Public School Teachers
- Pension and Severance payment systems are in place.
- A faculty housing is located about 2.5 km from the university.
- Application form (template defined, a single file, Click hereto download)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of experience related to the qualifications
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of two references[Remarks] Please submit documents by email or mail, in both English and Japanese. We will not return application documents submitted by post.
Friday, October 30, 2020
Prof. OKUDAIRA, Kyoko
Office for Planning and Management
The University of Aizu
Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima 965-8580
Primary selection: documentary evaluation
Secondary selection: job interview and presentation