March 15, 2021
The School of Computer Science and Engineering is inviting applications for tenure-track faculty positions at all ranks.
The University of Aizu is seeking outstanding and innovative persons in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) fields from academia and industry. The School of Computer Science and Engineering invites applications for faculty positions at all ranks. Faculty should be able to teach undergraduate and graduate courses and conduct research in the CSE area. Applicants should also have a strong interest in working with other faculty members and promoting University-Industry relations through cooperative research projects and other activities. Applicants with teaching experience are preferred. Experience in practical research applications is also highly desirable.
Employment starting date:
October 1, 2021 OR April 1, 2022, but this is negotiable.
The number of faculty to be hired:
|2.||Curriculum Vitae (Use the specified template)||
Download Curriculum Vitae Template
|3.||Copies of your three best published papers|
Three current letters of recommendation with contact information (name, affiliation, e-mail, and phone number)
Please submit letters of recommendation in one of the following ways.
|5.||Copies of university diplomas|
|6.||A list of possible courses to teach||
*For the undergraduate courses, please refer to;
*For the graduate school courses, please refer to;
|7.||Categories to which you would like to apply: (CSE-1), (CSE-2), (CSE-3), or (CSE-4)||Refer to Research fields for recruiting|
|8.||Other supporting materials (if any)|
All documents should be submitted electronically to cse-position[at]u-aizu.ac.jp
May 31, Monday, 2021
Prof. OKUDAIRA Kyoko
Office for Planning and Management
The University of Aizu
Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima 965-8580
Qualifications for all fields:
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Computer Science and Engineering or a closely related area. Doctoral students close to graduation may apply, but the degree is required by the start of employment.
- Ability to lecture and provide research guidance at undergraduate and graduate levels. In particular, experience in software engineering and ability to teach software engineering-related subjects are appreciated, and we also welcome applications from scientists with strengths in computer engineering and computer science.
- Full fluency in English or Japanese is required. In addition, a working knowledge of the 2nd other languages as Japanese/English is desirable. Classes may be conducted either in English or in Japanese at the undergraduate level. The language of instruction at the graduate level is English in principle.
Please select one or two categories ((CSE-1), (CSE-2), (CSE-3), or (CSE-4)) from below that you would like to apply. We are searching for a new faculty who has research and teaching experiences in the topics given below. Successful candidates are expected to contribute to all academic aspects of the university, including teaching, supervision of undergraduate and graduate students, serving on administrative and management committees, and conducting research.
Research fields for recruiting:
|CSE-1||Software Engineering fields||
|CSE-2||Computer Science fields||
|CSE-3||Computer Networking fields||
Advanced computer network research topics including:
|CSE-4||Artificial Intelligence fields||
Basic and applied areas like the following:
Three-year tenure-track appointment followed by evaluation and tenure until the mandatory retirement age of 65 if qualified.
Duty hours: 7 h 45 min/day, 38 h 45 min/week. (*The UoA uses a discretionary working hour system for faculty members. As discretionary workers, faculty are in principle given discretion to the start and end of their work day, the content of their teaching and research duties, the methods for carrying out those duties, and allocation of time related to such duties.)
Salary and rank: Commensurate with qualifications and experience according to regulations of Fukushima prefecture.
*Annual salary (*1, *2) and rank:
- Professor: approx. 6,500,000 ― 8,000,000 yen
- Senior Associate Professor: approx. 5,500,000 ― 7,500,000 yen
- Associate Professor: approx. 5,000,000 ― 7,000,000 yen
(*1) Other allowances are paid addition to the base salary.
(*2) Social security premiums, taxes, etc. will be deducted from the salary.
Holidays: Weekends, National holidays, and Year-end and New Year holidays (Dec. 29 to Jan. 3)
Insurance: Japan Mutual Aid Association of Public School Teachers
In addition, both pension and severance payment systems are in place.
A faculty housing is located about 2.5 km from the university.
Primary selection: documentary evaluation
Candidates will be informed by e-mail after the primary selection
Secondary selection: job interview and presentation (Online presentations are possible depending on the situation)