- Software Engineering Laboratory, Division of Information Systems
- Senior Associate Professor
- Web site
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Introduction to ProgrammingProgramming in CIntroduction to Data Management
- Courses - Graduate
- Software Development Paradigms
- Computer ScienceSoftware Engineering
- Educational Background, Biography
- 1992 Dipl.-Ing. Control Systems Automation.
2000 Ph.D. (Computer Science) from St. Petersburg Polytechnic University.
1992-2016: Software engineer, assistant, associate and senior associate professor, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, St. Petersburg Polytechnic University.
2001-2016: Deputy director (International programs), Institute of Computer Science and Technology.
- Current Research Theme
- Human-Centric Computing
- Key Topic
- Affiliated Academic Society
- Music, history, languages
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- We learn by teaching
- Favorite Books
- La Vie Mode d’Emploi by Georges Perec;
Comme un roman by Daniel Pennac;
Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa;
Danilov the violist by Vladimir Orlov;
A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami;
Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov;
Petersburg by Andrei Bely;
Touch of Class by Bertrand Meyer;
Games People Play by Eric Berne;
Beyond vision: essays on the perception of art by Pavel Florensky;
Some ancient texts including Ochikubo Monogatari and The Tale of Igor's Campaign
- Messages for Students
- Ask questions
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Unique monuments of Japanese Buddhist Architecture in Aizu, Construction of Unique Buildings and Structures, No. 10(15), 51-61, St. Petersburg, 2013 (in Russian).
Dissertation and Published Works
Ph.D. Thesis: Automation of logical circuits design based on a free set of logical elements, St.Petersburg Polytechnic University, 2000.Recent Selected Publications
- E. Pyshkin, and M. Glukhikh. Teaching program flow validation: A case study of branch coverage testing". In Ari Lindeman (Ed.). Studies in social sciences, humanities and engineering, The second joint research publication of Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University and Kymenlaakso University of Applied Sciences, Kymenlaakso University of Applied Sciences, Kouvola, Finland, 2015, Series A, No. 71, 72 – 80. ISBN (PB): 978-952-306-137-8.
- E. Pyshkin, A. Kuznetsov, and V. Klyuev. "Understanding software provisioning: An ontological view". In Chu, W., and Kikuchi, S., and Bhalla, S., Databases in Networked Information Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 8999, Springer International Publishing, 2015, 84-111. ISBN 978-3-319-16312-3. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-16313-0_7.
- D. Cabezas, A. Vassiliev, and E. Pyshkin. "Assisted lung ventilation control system as a human centered application: The project and its educational impact on the course of embedded systems". In J.J. (Jong Hyuk) Park et al. (eds.), Ubiquitous Computing Application and Wireless Sensor, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol. 331, Springer Netherlands, 2015, 421-427. ISBN 978-94-017-9617-0. DOI: 10.1007/978-94-017-9618-7_40.
- E. Pyshkin and M. Ponomarev. "Mathematical Equation Structural Syntactical Similarity Patterns: A Tree Overlapping Algorithms and Its Evaluation". Informatica, vol. 40(4), 2016, 377-385.
- E. Pyshkin, M. Mozgovoy, and V. Volkov. "Models and metamodels for computer-assisted natural language grammar learning". International Journal of Social, Management, Economics and Business Engineering, vol. 9(1), 60-65, 2015, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. ISSN 1307-6892.
- E. Pyshkin. "Multi-aspect tasks in software education: a case of a recursive parser". International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Information Technology, Helvetic Editions Ltd., Switzerland, 3(3), 2014, 282–305. ISSN:2296-1739.
- E. Pyshkin. "In the right order of brush strokes: a sketch of a software philosophy retrospective". SpringerPlus, 2014, 3:186, 1–6. DOI:10.1186/2193-1801-3-186.
- A. Kuznetsov, and E. Pyshkin. "An ontology of software building, execution and environment configuration and its application for software deployment in computing clouds". St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University Journal. Computer Science. Telecommunication and Control Systems, №2(193), 110-125, St. Petersburg, 2014 (In Russian).
- M. Purgina, A. Kuznetsov, and E. Pyshkin. "Leveraging user experience through input style transformation to improve access to music search services". Informatica, 38(1), 2014, 11–19.
- E. Pyshkin, and A. Kuznetsov. "Approaches for web search user interfaces". FTRA Journal of Convergence, Vol.1, No.1, Dec. 15, 2010.
- E. Pyshkin. "Designing Human-Centric Applications: Transdisciplinary Connections with Examples". 2017 3rd IEEE Conference on Cybernetics (CYBCONF), Jun 21–23, Exeter, UK, 2017, pp. 455-460. ISBN 978-1-5386-2201-8.
- M. Mozgovoy and E. Pyshkin. "Unity Application Testing Automation with Appium and Image Recognition". 4th International Conference on Tools and Methods of Program Analysis (TMPA-2017), Mar 3–4, Moscow, Russia, 2017. To appear.
- E. Pyshkin. "Interdisciplinary Connections of Software Development Education". 2017 Asian Conference on Engineering and Natural Sciences (ACENS 2017), Jan 19–21, Sapporo, Japan, 2017, pp. 455-461. ISBN 978-986-5654-18-4.
- E. Pyshkin, M. Mozgovoy, A.Chisler, and Yu. Volkova. "Striving with Online Addiction with a Self-Control Chrome Extension". 2016 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI 2016), Dec 6–9, Athens, Greece, 2016, pp. 1-4. DOI: 10.1109/SSCI.2016.7850190.
- E. Pyshkin and M. Pyshkin. "Toward Better Requirement Definition for Multimedia Travel Guiding Applications". 2016 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI 2016), Dec 6–9, Athens, Greece, 2016, pp. 1-7. DOI: 10.1109/SSCI.2016.7850189.
- A. Chisler, Yu. Volkova, and E. Pyshkin. "Handle with IT Addiction: A Browser Extension for Overcoming Excessive TV-Series Streaming". CEE-SECR '16, Oct 28–29, Moscow, Russia, ACM, 2016, Article 2, 5 pages. ISBN 978-1-4503-4884-3/16/10.
- M. Ponomarev and E. Pyshkin. "Using Ant Colony Optimization for Tourist Route Construction Automation". In Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Applications in Information Technology (ICAIT-2016), Oct 6–8, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan, 2016, 17–20. ISBN 978-4-900721-04-3.
- B. Skripal and E. Pyshkin. "Adopting Tree Overlapping Algorithm for MathML Equation Structural Similarity Evaluation". In Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Applications in Information Technology (ICAIT-2016), Oct 6–8, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan, 2016, 103–105. ISBN 978-4-900721-04-3.
- E. Pyshkin, A. Baratynskiy, A. Chisler, and B. Scripal. "Information Management for Travelers: Towards Better Route and Leisure Suggestion". 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2016), Sep 11–14, Gdansk, Poland, 2016, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pp. 429–438. DOI: 10.15439/2016F220.
- E. Khramtsova, and E. Pyshkin. "Software Implementation of Promotional Code Based Conversion Tracking in Internet Marketing". In proc. of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Ubi-Media Computing (U-MEDIA 2016), Aug 16–17, Moscow, Russia, 2016, pp. 172-177. ISBN: 978-5-88835-045-4.
- E. Pyshkin, and N. Gerasimov. "Using dynamic predicate logic for pronominal anaphora resolution in Russian texts". In Proc. of the International Workshop on Applications in Information Technology (IWAIT-2015), Oct 8–10, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan, 2015, 51–54. ISBN 978-4-900721-03-6.
- E. Pyshkin, and A. Kuznetsov. "Approach to Building a Web-based Expert System Interface and Its Application for Software Provisioning in Clouds". In Proceedings of 2015 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, Sep 13–16, Lodz, Poland, 2015, 343–354. DOI: 10.15439/2015F142.
- E. Pyshkin, and N. Bogdanov. "Learning history with timelines: use cases, requirements and design". In Proceedings of 2014 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, Sep 7–10, Warsaw, Poland, 2014, 273–280. DOI: 10.15439/2014F106.
- E. Pyshkin, and A. Kuznetsov. "A provisioning service for automatic command line applications deployment in computing clouds". In Proceedings of 2014 IEEE Intl. Conf. on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC), Aug 20–22, Paris, 2014, 518–521. DOI: 10.1109/HPCC.2014.88. ISBN: 978-1-4799-6122-1.
- I. Khozyainov, E. Pyshkin, and V. Klyuev. "Spelling out opinions: Difficult cases of sentiment analysis". In Proceedings of 2013 International Joint Conference on Awareness Science and Technology & Ubi-Media Computing (iCAST-UMEDIA), Nov 2-4, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan, pp. 231–237. DOI: 10.1109/ICAwST.2013.6765439.
- M. Purgina, A. Kuznetsov, and E. Pyshkin. "An approach for developing a mobile accessed music search integration platform". In Proceedings of 2013 Federated conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2013), Sep 8–11, Krakow, Poland, 2013, 267–273.
- E. Pyshkin, M. Mozgovoy, and M. Glukhikh. "On requirements for acceptance testing automation tools in behavior driven software development". In Proceedings of the Central & Eastern European Software Engineering Conference Russia (CEE-SEC(R) 2012), Nov 1–2, Moscow, Russia, 2012.
- A. Kuznetsov, and E. Pyshkin. "Function-based and circuit-based symbolic music representation, or Back to Beethoven". In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Humans and Computers, The Joint Conference on Human-Centered Computer Environment (HCCE-2012), Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan, Mar 8–13, University of Aizu Press, 2012, 171–177.
- E. Pyshkin, and V. Klyuev. "A study of measures for document relatedness evaluation". In Proceedings of 2012 Federated conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2012), Sep 8–12, Wroclaw, Poland, 2012, 249–256.
- E. Pyshkin, V. Klyuev, and A. Vazhenin. "Editors' Introduction to the Special Issue on Applications in Information Technology". Informatica, vol. 40(4), 2016, 375-376.