- Center for Language Research (CLR)
- Associate Professor
- Web site
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Language and Music, Computer Assisted Ethnomusicology, Thesis Writing and Presentation, Introductory English I and II
- Courses - Graduate
- Linguistic anthopology
- Educational Background, Biography
- 1992 B. Mus (Musical performance) Univ. of Queensland (Australia)
1998 Cert. TESOL East Coast College of English Brisbane (Australia)
2009 M.A. Ethnomusicology (Cultural Identity) Univ. of Canterbury (New Zealand)
2011 Visiting Student (Wolfson College) Univ. of Oxford (United Kingdom)
2013 Ph.D. Ethnomusicology (Cultural Heritage) Univ. of Canterbury (New Zealand)
2013 Associate Professor (Centre for Language Research) Univ. of Aizu (Japan)
- Current Research Theme
- English through music
- Key Topic
- English and translingualism in Japanese song lyrics
- Affiliated Academic Society
- Society For Ethnomusicology SEM, Institute of Registered Music Teachers of New Zealand IRMTNZ, Royal Society of New Zealand, Oxford University Alumni (Associate Member)
- Playing classical and bossa nova guitar
- School days' Dream
- When I was a schoolboy I dreamed of becoming an astronaut and travelling into outer space. My schoolteacher helped me write a letter to NASA. NASA replied, encouraging me to study hard so that maybe one day my wish could come true. In my life I certainly have travelled ... but never as far as the moon!
- Current Dream
- To be able to enrich the academic and wider communities with a dynamic balance of teaching, research and performance.
- "Kapag may tiyaga may nilaga." A Filipino proverb meaning "if you are hard working and diligent you are likely to succeed."
- Favorite Books
- "Zorba the Greek" by Nikos Kazantzaki. This tale of friendship between an intellectual man of books and an impulsive, earthy man of action greatly inspired me when I first read it in my late teens.
- Messages for Students
- Extraordinary efforts can produce extraordinary results! Strive to develop your language skills through regular practice and take every opportunity to communicate!
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Fukushima Minpo Relay Article 65 Soba, Sake and Samurai
Specialist English terms for Japanese classical guitarists