- Courses - Undergraduate
- M2 Linear Algebra I [re-take]M2 Linear Algebra II [re-take]L5 CSE laboratories
- Courses - Graduate
- ITA23 Practical Data Analysis with Lunar and Planetary Databases
- Planetary SciencesLunar and Planetary ExplorationData analysis and numerical simulation for Lunar and Planetary Exploration
- Educational Background, Biography
Doctor of Science, 2005, Kyushu University,
M.A. in Science, 1999, Kyushu University,
B.A. in Science, 1997, Kyushu University.
Research and Teaching Experiences:
2009.Apr. - Present, Assistant Professer, ARC-Space, CAIST, The University of Aizu.
2006.Apr. - 2009.Mar, Aerospace Project Research Associate, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency.
- Current Research Theme
- Evaluation of crater spatial distribution (Clustering analysis, Voronoi diagram etc.).Quantitative analysis of lunar roughness and terrain classification for preparation of lunar geological map. Numerical simulation of lunar flood basaltic volcanism.
- Key Topic
- Planetary Science, Impact craters, Volcanism on the terrestrial planet and satellite.
- Affiliated Academic Society
- Japan Society for Planetary Sciences,The Seismological Society of Japan,Japan Geoscience Union,American Geophysical Union
- Camera, International travel.
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- Favorite Books
- Messages for Students
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Student Cooperative Class Project: Lunar and Planetary Data Analysis
Student Cooperative Class Project: Lunar and Planetary Data Analysis
- Onboard instruments for Lunar and Planetary Exploration missions
Onboard instruments for Lunar and Planetary Exploration missions
- Scientific analysis of remote sensing data for lunar and planetary explorations, Earth observations
Scientific analysis of remote sensing data for lunar and planetary explorations, Earth observations
- Asteroid Explorer Hayabusa2
- Software for Lunar and planetary exploration data analysis
Software for Lunar and planetary exploration data analysis
Dissertation and Published Works
Ohtake et al. (2009), Nature, 461, 236-240, "The Global Distribution of Pure Anorthothite on the Moon".
Haruyama et al. (2009), Science, 323, 905-908, "Long-Lived Volcanism on the Lunar Farside Revealed by SELENE Terrain Camera".
Haruyama et al. (2008), Science, 322, 938-939, "Lack of Exposed Ice Inside Lunar South Pole Shackleton Crater".
Saito et al. (2006), Science, 312, 1341-1344, "Detailed Images of Asteroid 25143 Itokawa from Hayabusa".