- Database Systems Laboratory
- Courses - Undergraduate
- B. Tech
- Courses - Graduate
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science, PhD
- Distributed Information Systems,New Query Languages,Electronic Health Records,Big Data Analytics,Networked Information Systems
- Educational Background, Biography
- Studied at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi for BS, MS, and PhD.
Also, worked at MIT as a Visiting Scientist (post doctoral) for 1 year.
- Current Research Theme
- Synchronization and Recovery in Distributed Systems,New Query Languages for skilled and Semi-skilled users
- Key Topic
- Affiliated Academic Society
- IEEE Computer Society, ACM Sigmod
- Reading and writing essays, Occasional long walks
- School days' Dream
- Playing cricket for the National team
- Current Dream
- Creating a useful service such as a healthcare helpline for those who need it
- Think before taking an action
- Favorite Books
- "How to solve it", "Autobiography of a yogi"
- Messages for Students
- Take more challenges for improving physical, mental and spiritual health- An easy path is not always the best path
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- 1. Semantic Interoperability in Standardized Electronic Health Record Databases", ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality (JDIQ), April 2012.
2. Usability Measures for Large Scale Adoption of the Standardized Electronic Health Record Databases", Journal of Information Processing (JIP), Vol. 22, No. 3, 2014
3. AQBE - QBE Style Queries for Archetyped Data", IEICE Transactions, Vol. 95-D(3), pp. 861-871, (2012)
4. Integrating Keyword Search with Multiple Dimension Tree Views over a Summary Corpus Data Cube", ACM SIGMOD 2010, USA.
5. Query-by-object Interface for Information Requirement Elicitation in M-commerce", in International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction Volume 20, Number 2, March 2006.
6. Asynchronous Backup and Initialization of a Database Server for Replicated Database Systems", The Journal of Supercomputing , Kluwer Academic Publishers, Vol. 27, No 1, January 2004
7. Asynchronous Operations in Distributed Concurrency Control", IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 721-733, May 2003.
Dissertation and Published Works
Synchronization and Crash Recovery in Distributed Systems