- Embedded Systems Laboratory
- Associate Professor
- Web site
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Logic Circuit Design (Exercise), Advanced Logic Circuit Design (Exercise)，Semiconductor Devices (Lecture)
- Courses - Graduate
- Sensing and Control Engineering
- Video Analysis and Its Hardware Acceleration
- Educational Background, Biography
- Apr. 2015 -- Associate Professor, The University of Aizu
Nov. 2009 -- Mar. 2015 Assistant Professor, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
Jul. 2009 - Oct. 2009 PD, research fellowship for young scientists by JSPS
Apr. 2007 to Jun. 2009 DC1, research fellowship for young scientists by JSPS
Jan. 2007 to May. 2007 Visiting scholar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois Jun. 2009 Ph.D, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Sep. 2006 M.E, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Mar. 2005 B.E, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Current Research Theme
- Moving object extraction, tracking, and classificationSource camera identification and forgery detection for digital images
- Key Topic
- Moving object extraction and tracking, FPGA, high performance computing, surveillance robot, photo response non-Uniformity
- Affiliated Academic Society
- IEEE, IEICE, IPSJ
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- Favorite Books
- Messages for Students
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Identification Technologies for Digital Cameras Using Image Sensor’s Noise
It is known that DNA and finger print are useful for identifying a human. A camera also has unique noise and it is included in an image taken by the camera though it is very small. By using the unique noise, we can know which camera took an image and which part was falsified in an image. In this research project, we aim to realize methods to extract the unique noise precisely in an image and their applications.
- Video Analysis for Safety and Security
In recent years, a great number of cameras have been operated. To use these cameras effectively, it is important to reduce the burden of watchmen by video analysis and to protect the privacy of people in video scene. In this research project, we work on video analysis and its hardware acceleration to realize a safe and secure social environment.
Dissertation and Published Works
2. Yoichi Tomioka, Tetsuaki Matsunawa, Chikaaki Kodama, Shigeki Nojima, "Lithography hotspot detection by two-stage cascade classifier using histogram of oriented light propagation", IEEE Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference and Systems, pp.81--86, January. 2017.
3. Ning Li, Shunpei Takaki, Yoichi Tomioka, and Hitoshi Kitazawa, "A MULTISTAGE DATAFLOW IMPLEMENTATION OF A DEEP CONVOLUTIONAL NEURAL NETWORK BASED ON FPGA FOR HIGH-SPEED OBJECT RECOGNITION", IEEE SOUTHWEST SYMPOSIUM ON IMAGE ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION (SSIAI), March. 2016.
4. Tetsuya Okuda, Yoichi Tomioka, Hitoshi Kitazawa, "Robust Moving Object Extraction and Tracking Method based on Matching Position Constraints", IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E98-D, No.8, pp.1571-1579, 2015.
5. Ryota Takasu, Yoichi Tomioka, Takashi Aoki and Hitoshi Kitazawa, "An FPGA Implementation of Multi-stream Tracking Hardware using 2D SIMD Array" (Abstract Only), International Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), pp. 266. Feb. 2015.
6. Yoichi Tomioka, Hikaru Murakami, Hitoshi Kitazawa, "Sunshine-Change-Tolerant Moving Object Masking for Realizing both Privacy Protection and Video Surveillance"， IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E97-D, No.9, pp.2483-2492, 2014.
7. Ryota Takasu, Yoichi Tomoka, Yutaro Ishigaki, Ning Li, Tsugimichi Shibata, Mamoru Nakanishi, Hitoshi Kitazawa，"An FPGA Implementation of the Two-Dimensional FDTD Method and Its Performance Comparison with GPGPU"， IEICE Trans. on Electronics, Vol.E97-C, No.7, pp.697-706, 2014.
8. Sumitaka Ogino, Yoichi Tomioka, Hitoshi Kitazawa, "Patrol course planning and battery station placement for mobile surveillance cameras", 2014 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), July 2014.
9. Yoichi Tomoka, Ryota Takasu, Takashi Aoki, Eiichi Hosoya, Hitoshi Kitazawa，"FPGA Implementation of Exclusive Block Matching for Robust Moving Object Extraction and Tracking"， IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E97-D, No.3, pp.573-582, 2014.
10. Yoichi Tomoka, Yuya Ito, Hitoshi Kitazawa，"Robust Digital Camera Identification Based on Pairwise Magnitude Relations of Clustered Sensor Pattern Noise"， IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security, Vol.8 Issue 12, 2013.
11. Zhu LI, Yoichi TOMIOKA, Hitoshi KITAZAWA, "Extraction and Tracking Moving Objects in Detail Considering Visual Feature Constraint and Structure Constraint"， IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E96-D. No.5. pp.1745--1361, 2013．
12. Zhu Li, Kojiro Tomotsune, Yoichi Tomioka, Hitoshi Kitazawa, "Template Matching Method based on Visual Feature Constraint and Structure Constraint", IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems. Vol.E95-D. No.8. pp.2105--2115, 2012.
13. Yoichi Tomioka, Atsushi Takara, and Hitoshi Kitazawa, "Generation of an Optimum Patrol Course for Mobile Surveillance Camera", IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol.22, issue 2, pp.216--224, 2012.