This association aims at supporting international students of the University of Aizu both physically and mentally.
SAISUA uses funds collected from donors to:
- Give SCHOLARSHIPS to needy international students
- ASSIST students with payment of premiums for their national health insurance
- CO-SPONSOR International Talks that introduce cultures of the world
- SUPPORT the regular meetings and volunteer community-outreach activities of the University of Aizu International Students Organization
- SUPPORT the Welcome Party for new international students
- Offer EMERGENCY assistance to international students in severe need
Annual Activity Reports
|Vice President||Tatsuki Kawaguchi|
|Kim Forrester Rockell|
|Anh T. Pham|
The donations of faculty and staff at the university, and donations from Fukushima Prefecture employees, labor unions, the Aizu Sangakukonwakai (Association for Aizu Industrial-University Relations) and from private citizens in the Aizu community allow the work of SAISUA to continue and flourish. We sincerely thank all donors for their continued support.
How to contribute
- For a cash donation, please contact Office for Strategy of International Programs. (University of Aizu, Center for Globalization, Phone: 0242-37-2761, e-mail: email@example.com)
- For other financial donation, please use SAISUA's account:
Bank Toho Bank Branch Aizu Branch (No.401) Account type ordinary Account Name Aizudaigakugaikokujinryugakuseikouenkai Account Number
- An official receipt will be issued by SAISUA in both cases (please do not fail to provide your contact information to Office for Strategy of International Programs in case of bank trasfer)
News: AY 2017 SAISUA Scholarship Presentation Ceremony
On Friday, February 23rd, 2018, the SAISUA scholarship presentation ceremony was held at the South Lounge of the Research Quadrangles. SAISUA provides international students its scholarships every six months so that they can concentrate on their studies. International students in need of financial support and demonstrating superior academic performance are selected as recipients of this scholarship.
SAISUA President Julian Villegas explained the purpose of the scholarship and encouraged the scholarship recipients, saying "Hopefully, you can focus on studying and proactively join various activities inside and outside of the university with this scholarship. Also, I wish you would support SAISUA through donation, etc. for your juniors after graduation."
After the scholarship presentation ceremony, partial support for NHI premiums was given to 22 international students. (11 international students attended on the day)
The scholarship recipients are as follows.
・Yu Wang (1st-year master's student, from China)
・Zhe Guo (1st-year master's student, from China)
・Manoj Poudel (1st-year master's student, from Nepal)
・Moloud Abdar (2nd-year master's student, from Iran)
・Mohammed Hassan (3rd-year doctoral student, from Nigeria)